Friday, April 28, 2006

Bush pans Spanish "Star-Spangled Banner"

Bush pans Spanish "Star-Spangled Banner" - Yahoo! News (Reuters)

Bush told reporters at a White House Rose Garden news conference the anthem would not have the same value sung in Spanish.

"The national anthem ought to be sung in English. And I think people who want to be citizens of this country ought to learn it in English. They ought to learn to sing the national anthem in English."


Surprised again to find myself in agreement with Bush. (It doesn't happen often.)

Again, I'm wondering who do these illegals think they are?

I don't get it. You'd think they were U.S. citizens the way they talk (but where's the English?) and act.

Anyway, it was truly annoying to see marchers in our streets wrapped in Mexican flags and waving Mexican flags. I truly hope the illegals have no intention of going around singing what some have dubbed "The Illegal Alien Anthem" on their annoying Boycott Day. (I am tempted to stop into my neighborhood Jack-In-The-Box for a Jumbo Jack on Monday and see what happens. NO, I am not joining in this boycott/demonstration in any way, shape, or form.)

None of this - Mexican flags, Spanish anthems, massive protests or a boycott - encourages me to contact my Congressman (Dana Rohrabacher) or my Senators (Feinstein and Boxer, of course) on their behalf, more the contrary.

No comments: