Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Bush Outlines $7.1B Flu-Fighting Strategy

Bush Outlines $7.1B Flu-Fighting Strategy - Yahoo! News

Okay, maybe I'm entirely wrong, but why does my gut instinct tell me that this action of our president is more political than anything else?

That perhaps Bush sees this as a way to make himself look better (something he badly needs right now)?

Remember when he used to say "9/11" at the drop of a hat, many times, about almost anything?

Being gung-ho against the bird flu might also help him make up for his Katrina and FEMA mistakes.

I just hope Bush isn't digging us still deeper into the deficit hole with this new $7.1 billion spending.

So, is Bush crying "Chicken Little" at our expense, or not?

OTOH, I'll admit if there truly is a serious avion flu epidemic, then I would owe Mr. Bush an apology and my gratitude for his preparation efforts.

No comments: