Monday, May 01, 2006

BBC NEWS | In Depth | US illegal immigrants

BBC NEWS In Depth US illegal immigrants

Sometimes the BBC covers our news better than we do.

Good, informative charts here. They show the situation - and the problem - in a glance better than words can.

The charts show the situation "on the ground" here in Southern California very well. I've seen - and heard (the increase in Spanish used) - what these charts show during the period I've lived here (since 1985).

El Dia de Los Illegales? I'm still pissed about today being called El Dia Sin Los Imigrantes/The Day Without Immigrants. My dad and his family are immigrants - this is disrespecting them and other legal immigrants. It's insulting and wrong to treat legal immigrants like this.

I almost feel sorry for McDonald's - they're being boycotted in the U.S. and Mexico today.

No comments: