Wednesday, February 22, 2006

SO, THREE MUSLIMS WALK INTO A PORT - Coulter's Op

SO, THREE MUSLIMS WALK INTO A PORT - Yahoo! News

I cannot believe it's come down to this... Ann Coulter and I actually agree!

From the article above...

The Bush administration defended Muslims rioting over cartoons, saying, "We certainly understand why Muslims would find these images offensive." Hey, while they're at it, why don't they invite some Muslim leaders with well-known ties to terrorism to the White House for a reception? Oh wait, I forgot ... They did that right after 9/11. Yes, now I see why we must turn over our ports to the United Arab Emirates.

The University of Illinois has suspended editors of the student newspaper, The Daily Illini, for republishing the cartoons -- even though the kiss-ass editors ran a column accompanying the cartoons denouncing them as "bigoted and insensitive."

That was still not enough for Richard Herman, the chancellor of the university, who wrote a letter to the editor saying that he was "saddened" by the publication of the cartoons. You want sad? The University of Illinois' sports teams are known as the "Fighting Illini." Now they're going to have to change it to the "Surrendering Illini."
I normally can't abide Coulter, and she sure can't abide my ilk, but I agree with not one, but two, of the points she makes above. About the ports and about "the cartoons."

(Worse, my husband is an Illini alumni. He's not going to appreciate that U of I stuff.)

No comments: