Saturday, March 25, 2006

Illegal Immigration, also Reform Proposals

MercuryNews.com 03/25/2006 REFORM PROPOSALS

A good summary of the proposals before the Senate about immigration reform.

I am just stunned by the protests here in SoCal. The size of the protests. Why can't we get this kind of turn-out about other (more) important issues, such as the Iraq War? And the attitudes of many of the protesters. Marching for their rights? What rights? An illegal immigrant does not and should not have the kind of rights an American citizen has. That pisses me, frankly. What pisses me even more are the protesters carrying Mexican flags. What is that about? They love Mexico that much, then why don't they go back there?

I am not anti-immigrant - my father and his family are immigrants.

BUT, my family are LEGAL immigrants. They also made the point to learn and use English (what a concept), they (we) fly the American flag, and became American citizens, as well as active registered voters and contributors to their community.

I don't get it - illegal is illegal. What part of "illegal" do these people not understand?

And WHY the MEXICAN flags? This is the United States!

You can tell I'm pissed, can't you? Yes, I am - and very offended.

No comments: